Eucalyptus essential oil - Eucalyptus globulus Labill. - Aromeya - Madagascar
100% pure and naturalThe word eucalyptus comes from the Greek "eu" meaning good and "kalypto" meaning covered in reference to the cup-shaped membrane covering the flower bud, which is ejected by the expansion of the flower. Several varieties of eucalyptus can be found in both Australia, its country of origin, and Madagascar. The essential oil of eucalyptus offered for sale by Aromeya is based on the leaves of eucalyptus globulus or called kininimpotsy in the Central Highlands of the island.
The essential oil of Eucalyptus Globulus is highly concentrated in 1,8-cineole and alpha-pinene. These different molecules give it the following main properties:
- Expectorant, Mucolytic +++ (α-pinene, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): alpha pinene regulates the hypersecretion of mucus by the bronchi while 1,8-cineole helps to fluidify and expel mucus from the airways. Together, these two molecules help eliminate respiratory congestion.
- Antiseptic +++ (α-pinene): the alpha pinene present in the essential oil of Eucalyptus Globulus effectively prevents the development and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Antibacterial ++ (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): the bactericidal action of 1,8-cineole is demonstrated on bacteria such as staphylococci. Alpha pinene also prevents the development of Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Antifungal ++ (α-pinene): by contact or atmospheric diffusion, alpha pinene prevents the development of fungi such as Candida albicans and Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Antiviral ++ (α-pinene, 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): alpha pinene and 1,8-cineole form a protective barrier against viruses, slowing their progression in the body and stopping it as quickly as possible.
- Antiparasitic ++: this essential oil prevents and treats the presence of parasites in the body.
- Anti-Inflammatory + (1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)): 1,8-cineole modulates the body's response to aggression (inflammation) and calms the sensations of heat and the resulting redness.
- Insect repellent +: this essential oil contains effective molecules to repel insects.
But also these secondary properties
- Latin name: Eucalyptus globulus Labill.
- Botanical family: Myrtaceae
- Distilled part: leaves
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol): 62 to 75%.
- α-pinene: 6 to 22
- limonene: ≤ 11
- paracymene: ≤ 6
- Density at 20°C: 0.905 to 0.925
- Refractive index at 20°C: 1.460 to 1.466
- Rotating power at 20°C: 0° to 10°.
- Point éclair : +44°C
- Appearance: liquid
- Colour: colourless to yellow
- Odour: fresh, camphorated, cinematic
Write Your Own Review