Lemongrass essential oil - cymbopogon citratus - Aromeya, Madagascar
Producer/ distillery: Aromeya work directly with Plants producer from Madagascar. Each bathes are analysed and all traceability information available on request.
Packaging: Small Qty, Semi Bulk and Bulk
Delivery zone: Sending from Madagascar.
100% pure and naturalLemongrass or lemongrass has the scientific name cymbopogon citratus. In Asia, lemongrass is used to make soup, tea, curry to accompany fish, chicken, beef and seafood. In Madagascar, lemongrass or veromanitra is often used as tea and for inhalation. It grows in the highlands of Madagascar.
Citronella essential oil is highly concentrated in citrals (neral + geraniol) and geraniol. These different molecules give it the following main properties:
- Vasodilator +++: this essential oil helps dilate blood vessels. The result is a better blood circulation in the body and, ultimately, a decrease in blood pressure.
- Sedative +++ (citral): Lemongrass essential oil contains citral, a relaxing molecule acting on the nervous system. It reduces anxiety and promotes sleep.
- Digestive Tonic ++: the molecules contained in the essential oil of Lemongrass participate in facilitating digestion by stimulating the various functions of the digestive system.
- Anti-Inflammatory ++ (citral): citral helps modulate the body's response to an aggression suffered (inflammation) and calms the sensations of heat, and the resulting redness.
- Antiseptic ++ (geraniol, citral): this essential oil prevents the development and growth of viruses, bacteria and fungi in the body. Citral and geraniol have a bactericidal action against Salmonella enteritidis and enterica, Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli. They also control the development of the fungi Penicillium digitatum, Candida albicans and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Finally, citral and geraniol form a protective barrier against viruses, slowing their progression in the body and stopping it as quickly as possible. Citral effectively targets the herpes labial and vaginal virus.
But also these secondary properties
- air freshener
- Latin name: Cymbopogon flexuosus (Nees ex Steud) W. Wats.
- Famille botanique : Poacées
- Distilled part: herbaceous parts
- Country of origin: Madagascar
- citral: 60 to 86%.
- géraniol : ≤ 8
- Density at 20°C: 0.885 to 0.905
- Refractive index at 20°C: .483 to 1.489
- Rotating power at 20°C: -4° to 1°.
- Flash point: +80°C
- Appearance: clear mobile liquid
- Colour: pale yellow to orange yellow
- Odour: fresh, citrusy